Conference Policy Information
Continuing Education for Nurses and Accountants
The National Association for Home Care & Hospice is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
All education sessions are presented in group-live format. Educational sessions will offer 1.6 CNEs based on 100 minutes and 0.8 CNES based on 50 minutes. Nurse attendees can earn up to 15.5 contact hours.
NAHC is also approved by the California Board of Nursing, provider number 10810. Many states have reciprocity and will accept the contact hours for education programs.
The National Association for Home Care & Hospice is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org. Accountant attendees can earn up to 18.9 CPEs.
Note: *CE contact hours/credits are subject to change.
Fields of Study
Fields of Study codes (FOS) appear following the CPE information for all accounting-accredited Programs. The FOS codes are:
- BMO – Business Management and Organization
- RE – Regulatory Ethics
- FIN – Finance
- MAS – Management Advisory Services
- PHR – Personnel and Human Resources
Prerequisite or advance preparation is not required, but it could be helpful for educational Programs at the Financial Management Conference & Exposition.
Note: To be eligible for CPEs, you must attend the entire program in order to have that program on your documentation. If you exit the session prior to its conclusion, you will not be eligible for CPE credits.
CE Barcode and Certificate Procedures
Your registration materials will include a barcode on your name badge. To obtain CEs, scan the barcode as you enter your desired sessions. Certificates will be available to participants following the conference. Please note the following CE policies:
- Name badges (with barcode) must be scanned before going into a session.
- To be eligible for CEs, you must attend the entire session and submit an evaluation.
- You will not be eligible for CEs if you arrive for the session more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time, or if you exit the session prior to its conclusion.
- CEs will be available online shortly after the completion of the conference.
Conference Policy – NAB/NCERS
National Association of Long-Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB)
This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 15 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS-Approval Number 20200713-44.50-A56697-IN.
You will be able to download your NAB CEs after the conference.The Provider/Sponsor agree to provide individual certificates of program attendance to each individual participant, listing: sponsor name, attendee name, program title, sponsor signature, number of hours attended, and NAB National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) approval number.
Domains of Practice to be eligible for Continuing Education (CEs) for Nursing Home and Assisted Living Administrators
- Nursing Home Administrators (NHA)
- Residential Care/Assisted Living Administrators (RCAL)
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
We are required to report all attendee CE records to the CE Registry within 30 days from the end date of July 16, 2019. Your certificate is not valid until you have a NABVerify CE Registry. If you do not create a CE Registry and forward your NAB ID number to us, we are not obligated to report your attendance to the CE Registry after 45 days of your completing the course.
- If you have a CE Registry, please forward your NAB ID, which starts with R, followed by 7 digits to NAHC within the next 5 days to promptly validate your certificate.
- If no NAB ID, please create an account in the CE Registry within the next 5 days so we can upload your attendance and you can receive credit. Please take the time to create a CE Registry if you have not done so. Here are the instructions from NAB on how to create an account: If you would like to set up a NAB CE Registry account, please visit https://www.nabweb.org/ and click on Member Login at the top right of the page. You will see a space for user name and password. Below that please click on “Not a member? Sign Up!” Once you have signed up, click on “CE Registry” on the Manage My Account page. You will be taken to a new page that says Your Name: Account Details where you will see an orange button labeled “Begin CE Registry.” Please click on the Begin/ Start CE Registry button (not HSE) and complete the requested information (license number, state). If you are not at the Account Details page, please click on the My Account button in the upper right hand corner of the page to be directed here.
- To find your NAB ID, please return to the Accounts Detail page by clicking on the My Account button in the upper right had corner of the page. This is where you can find your NAB Unique ID once you have entered your state information. Your NAB ID starts with an R, followed by 7 digits. This number, along with your name, will be what you should give the sponsor of any courses you attend so they can register your attendance and you get proper credit. Here are the instructions on how to set up a NAB Verify account. https://www.nabweb.org/filebin/pdf/NABVerify_Handbook_CE_Registry_for_Licensees.pdf
The planners and sponsors of this conference claim liability neither for the acts of any suppliers to this meeting nor for the safety of any attendee while in transit to or from this event. The sponsors reserve the right to cancel this function or portions of it without penalty. The total amount for which the planners and sponsors may be liable will be limited to a refund of the registration fee. Your registration acknowledges acceptance of these provisions of registration for listed attendees and your company.